Parsis ..we are unique and we are loveable !!!!
I won’t say more !
But I must confess that I love being called crazy
It is my U S P!
Here are some of the things which according to me every Parsi does or has, at least once in their life time.
Please feel free to add more …
- Every Parsi must have at least walked out of their home once without their Sudra kusti.Naughty !
- OK Every Parsi must have burped at least once, loudly in public.
- Every Parsi must have dreamt of a delicious food spread once at least, after just finishing a huge meal.
4. Every Parsi must have at least said once in their life : “I will never be a vegetarian ”
5. Every Parsi must have forgotten their topi or scarf at least once before entering Agyari and had to borrow or pick from old ones stocked on the premises.
6. Every Parsi has a childhood doctor/homeopath, usually some Walla.. who they still want to visit and claim their childhood candies from.
7.Every Parsi loves his Mumma equally, if not more, than his spouse, even on his 25th wedding anniversary!
8. Every Parsi must have sworn at least once in their mother tongue, even if they never use a swear word otherwise. (MC BC Ghadero)
9. Every Parsi would have had one favorite grand parent whom they have thought the world off, living or dead.
10. Every Parsi will have at least one weakness.. if not whisky peg then chicken leg. If not 50 cups of tea a day, then cards to play.
11. Every Parsi may have attended a Lagan(wedding) only to relish the Patra,(meal on a leaf) often forgetting the names of the bride and the groom.
12. Every Parsi must have clapped, danced and rotated on the Birdy dance Song at least once in their lifetime.
13. Every Parsi is related to another with a maximum of four degrees separation.(fact unverified though)
14. Every Parsi has the half conviction or at least a passing thought, that they descend from some kind of royal lineage/ kin.
15. Every Parsi has been called Crazy bawa or bawi at least once, if not more, by their buddies from other communities.
16. Every Parsi at least once must have got their cheeks pulled or called apple/ mango/ dudh pao in school , functions or among relatives.
17. Almost every Parsi can have ‘something per eeda’ (eggs) easily as a meal substitute.
18. Every Parsi Has woken up in the middle of the night in cold sweat thinking about the stains /spots on their cars, sofas, side boards, kitchen tops.
19. Every Parsi, must have skipped the fire temple, at least once in life on a Navroz or New year, only cause they were a tad lazy to.
20. Every Parsi has one friend at least, who makes friends with him only for a dhanshak invite at his place.
21. Every Parsi has at least one of these if not more …in their home : an antique car/ bike / watch/ furniture set / tea set/ book/ gramophone / radio / telephone / countless plastic bags.
22. Every Parsi has laughed uncontrollably and hysterically even if the joke is not funny or on themselves… !
Hope you enjoyed the above points … just written for Bawa entertainment !
There are so many more… please feel free to add yours….